Chemonics is looking for vocational curriculum development specialists for the moderate education support program in Syria, called the Injaz program. The Injaz program is funded by the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) and works with civil councils, their education committees, and community organizations to provide education services.
Recognizing the negative impact the fighting has had on the educational infrastructure, Injaz supports technical vocational training. Curriculum development specialists will review current Injaz curricula as well as findings and recommendations from the project’s market research and revise curricula accordingly. The specialist position could be filled by a curriculum developer or a technical expert with experience in curriculum development. We are looking for people who are passionate about improving transparency and accountability and driving long-term change.
Chemonics is looking for curriculum development specialists for the following occupations:
- Aluminum forming
- Dessert making
- Review current Injaz professional training programs and video content
- Review the latest market research findings and recommendations for the project
- Review written programs and prepare recommendations for changes to video content
- Collaborate with local Injaz partner trainers to align with market priorities and ensure programs are localized
- Design and develop learning modules and assessments
- Train local partner trainers on the revised curricula
- University degree in education, adult education or a technical field
- Experience in curriculum development and/or teaching in the targeted trades, ideally in a private vocational center or higher education institute
- Relevant work experience in vocational training or adult education
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, training experience, and presentation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, mother tongue Arabic
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
How to register
Please complete this form https://forms.gle/d9V9QqTh9XqpqBck7 by October 19, 2022. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other factors not linked to merit.
Chemonics takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruitment Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You can access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.