- Based in Research and Innovation Services to lead senior level researcher training and development strategy and operations
- Full-time fixed-term contract until January 24, 2024
- Starting salary: $123,186 per year (plus 17% superannuation)
About the role
The Director of Graduate Research Development provides leadership in the development, planning and implementation of initiatives to achieve the University’s strategic research objectives, in the specific area of teaching and research. research training. You will also manage a dedicated team of project officers and business analysts, and work closely with the Dean of Graduate Studies to ensure that the University provides postgraduate research students and their supervisory staff with a world class experience.
About UniSA Research and Innovation Services
The Research and Innovation Services support the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation to realize the ambitions set out in the Strategic Research and Innovation Plan. This is achieved by positioning UniSA to be responsive to the changing local, national and international environment and by providing efficient and high quality support services to researchers and policy makers. The research services business areas cover partner engagement, research project development and management, research integrity, and research training.
The Graduate Research Development Team supports the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to improve the quality of the postgraduate research student experience and outcomes and to position the university as a destination of choice. Strategic initiatives aimed at transforming the doctorate, improving the quality of research training and the career prospects of student-researchers, are essential for this.
- Research and critically analyze initiatives, trends, issues and practices from both inside and outside the University related to research teaching
- Support the Dean of Graduate Studies in developing postdoctoral research recruitment strategies
- Provide effective leadership, management and supervision and seek to build staff capacity and skills
- Ensure the effective delivery of high-level advice, statistical analysis, reports and recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies and other stakeholders
- Represent the University to a range of external networks and keep well informed of best practice initiatives in the sector
Essential skills and experience
- Postgraduate degrees and extensive experience in a relevant field, ideally experience or familiarity with research in a tertiary environment; or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills
- Advanced analytical and writing skills
- An ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks of varied work in a professional and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a high performing team, including capacity development of team members
- An excellent record of achievement in leading, coordinating and integrating service delivery across multi-functional teams and units
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous 17% pension contributions
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary conditioning options, including vehicle hire, laptops and parking fees
- Company health insurance
- Varied holidays
As a university of business, we offer a dynamic and agile work culture that rises to challenges and thrives by forging new paths. Our people are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to register
For a copy of the job description and to apply, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form lists the specific selection criteria you must meet.
Please send your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Center. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the job reference number. 4532.
Closing of applications: 11:30 p.m. Sunday, October 23, 2022
Applications are welcome from Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the duration of their appointment.
How to register:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications by email.
- Start your application by clicking on the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already created an account, please log in before starting your application
- If you forgot your login information, click here to reset your password
- Overview of the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive corporate culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further assistance contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.