Vocational training, which is one of the most important tools of our country’s socio-economic development model, is being strengthened day by day with the opening of 255 liaison offices of vocational training centers in 255 industrial zones.
Under the “Protocol of cooperation in vocational and technical education” signed between the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Industry and Technology, 77 industrial zones organized in 251 provinces and 4 industrial sites in 4 provinces to ensure closer coordination between education and industry by positioning vocational training centers within organized industrial zones. 255 Vocational Education Center Liaison Offices have been opened in a total of 255 industrial zones, paired with at least one Anatolian Vocational and Technical High School or Vocational Training Center.
With this, it aims to provide a more dynamic curriculum, more dynamic teaching materials, and a more dynamic human resource that learns by working personally.
vocational training centers
Vocational education centers are secondary level vocational education establishments. With Law No. 9 published in the Official Gazette of 6764 December 2016, apprenticeship education was included in the scope of compulsory education and was structured as a vocational and technical secondary education establishment in centers of vocational education among the schools under the General Directorate of Vocational Education. and Technical Education of the Ministry of National Education. The duration of the studies is 4 years.
Under the terms of article 1739 of the fundamental law n° 26 on national education: Secondary education; It covers all general, vocational and technical education establishments and vocational education centers that provide compulsory four-year formal or non-formal education based on primary education. Graduates of these schools and institutions are awarded a degree based on the characteristics of the program they completed. However, students in vocational education centers must follow the difference courses determined by the Ministry of National Education to receive a diploma.
Who can apply for central training centers?
Students in vocational education centers receive theoretical training at school 1 or 2 days a week, and practical training in the workplace for 3 or 4 days. Thus, the conditions for registration in vocational training centers are:
- Have completed at least high school or imam hatip high school.
- Be conducive to the education of the profession concerned with regard to the state of health. This situation is documented by a health/health board report if required.
- Signature of a contract with a workplace related to the profession to be registered (There must be a master with a “Master Teaching Certificate” in the workplace where the contract will be signed).
- There is no age limit to register.
- Student enrollment continues throughout the year.
How to apply to vocational training centres?
- Provided they meet the application requirements, anyone who is currently working in a company or who does not work in a company but wants to pursue vocational training can apply in person at the Vocational Training Center or Vocational and Technical High School of Anatolia nearest with its references.
- Those who do not work in any company; they can be guided and guided in the choice of a profession and the search for a company by the vocational training centres.
- Registration at the vocational training center; This begins with the signing of the in-company vocational training contract between the school, the company and the parent/student.
- The student is registered in the e-MESEM system by the school.
- The student’s insurance and salary against accidents at work and occupational diseases begins from the moment of registration and lasts for 4 years.
Application process and steps in vocational training centers
- Vocational training centers are located in all provinces.
- Anyone with at least a high school diploma can enroll throughout the year.
- It is possible to apply for the desired training in 181 different branches.
- Training is given 1 day a week at school and 4 days in companies.
- The 9th, 10th, 11th and 30th years receive at least 12% of the minimum wage, the XNUMXth years at least half.
- The apprenticeship training lasts 3 years. In this process, at least 30% of the minimum wage is paid.
- Journeyman training lasts 1 year. In this process, at least 50% of the minimum wage is paid.
- Those who pass the master’s exam can open their own business by earning a master’s certificate and diploma.
- The Masters will have a ‘Master Trainer’ certificate with the commercial pedagogy they will receive.
Transfer procedures to the vocational training center
- Students who are in middle grades with 9th graders and wish to transfer or transfer to a vocational education center program in the same field will be able to transfer and transfer from their class level regardless of time and without wasting a semester ,
- Students in grades 10, 11 and 12 who wish to transfer and transfer from a different field or other types of schools will be able to continue their studies at the level of the 10th grade if they have transferred and transferred until the beginning of the second semester. After the start of the second semester, students who wish to transfer and transfer will be enrolled only to receive vocational training in the company to prepare for vocational education, and these students will be included in the total number of students in the school concerned. .
- The transfer and transfer procedures for these students will be done through the e-School system, Secondary School Transactions / Information Entry Operations / MESEM Student Applicant Registration Page.
- For applications and the number/address of the vocational training centre:
- The internet address meslegimhayatim.meb.gov.tr/egitim/mesleki-egitim can be visited.
What are the advantages of vocational training centers?
- Vocational training in 181 different fields
- Possibility of completing compulsory secondary education in vocational training centers for those who have completed secondary education.
- Professional Bachelor
- 88% employment rate in the fields of education
- Salary and insurance against accidents at work and occupational diseases from the 9th year
- Salary of at least 9% of the minimum wage for students in 10th, 11th and 30th grade.
- A wage opportunity of at least half the minimum wage for Grade 12 journeypersons.
- Master’s degree certificate and the possibility of opening your own business.
High employment rate
ZIOs have significant potential for developing students’ practical skills in vocational education. Various opportunities are available to students for vocational and technical education students to come together with numerous institutions where they can do internships and on-the-job training, and for these students to develop their practical skills.
Students receive intensive on-the-job training in vocational training centers where the employment rate of graduates is quite high (88%). It is expected that the expansion of vocational training centers in OIZs will enrich employment opportunities for graduates and increase the rate of graduates employed in the companies where they receive on-the-job training by 75%. Thus, it aims to meet the needs of masters and journeymen in the private sector and graduates of vocational training centers trained in ZIOs with applied education.