- Full time, CDD until 31.12.2024
- Located on the Melbourne campus (Bundoora)
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements offered
- HEO7 – TRP $103,532 – $113,892 per year including 17% superannuation
About the job
The Short Courses Coordinator provides high-level administrative and coordination support to the Director of Executive Education, to facilitate the growth of short courses across La Trobe University.
Working collaboratively across multiple functional areas, this role requires someone with excellent operational coordination and reporting skills, to ensure that operational strategy is implemented and evolves cohesively to meet current needs and future, as well as to support systems, processes and decision-making. frameworks necessary to support the ambitions of the University to expand our offer of short courses (with or without scholarship).
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- An undergraduate degree in any field relevant to the position with at least 4 years of subsequent experience; or extensive management experience and expertise; or other equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams and to establish strong working relationships with academic and professional staff.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skills in research, evaluation or interpretation of data.
- Proven ability to focus on objectives while increasing key impacts on current procedures and precedents.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in the service industry or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills Required to Succeed in the Job
- Knowledge of own strengths, weaknesses and biases – behavior modification, based on self-reflection and feedback, to respond to others with empathy and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behavior.
- Ability to work collaboratively, be inclusive, and adapt communication in a way that is meaningful to the audience – consistently modeling accountability, connectedness, innovation, and care.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking, ability to generate ideas to solve local problems and recommend improvements to current working practices.
- Ability to make sense of data to inform decision-making – implement ideas to improve local practices.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research providers and Greater Victoria’s largest provider of higher education. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% of the employer contributed to the retirement pension
- Daycare on site
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to register
Closing Date: Around 11:55 p.m. Sunday 17e July 2022
Job requests: Laura Bell, L.Bell@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment requests: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full employment rights in Australia can apply for this position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up-to-date CV.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..